W illiam W. "Bill" Kulik founded the Kulik Funeral Home which was located at 426 Hanover Avenue in Allentown in 1949. The funeral home started almost like any local, neighborhood family business and grew little by little. Bill's son, William W. Kulik, Jr. joined his father as a licensed funeral director in 1969. He worked with his father until opening his own funeral home in 1974 at West Third and Wyandotte Streets in Bethlehem. In 1977, another son, John R. Kulik, became a licensed funeral director and joined the family business. John was instrumental in making the firm grow and forsee both short term and long term goals that would be attained through solid business practices. These practices included giving the families served excellent personal service, large and beautiful facilities, and knowledge of religious and cultural needs on a varied dimension. To this day, John continues to provide the best service at a fair price to all he serves.
In 1989, John decided to expand his family business by purchasing the former Bachman Funeral Home at 1030 Walnut Street in Allentown. Bachman's, known for a specialty of serving families of Jewish faith, dated back to their arrival in Allentown from Hazleton.
Early on, John Kulik recognized that Allentown was a town in transition as was the small business. The Kulik-Reinsmith location in Emmaus was already growing well in part because of suburban growth. However, the Allentown locations were not stable in regards to neighborhood safety, size of the facility, limitations on expansion, and inability to meet the needs of multiple families on the same day.
Taking all of this into consideration, in 1993, John decided to purchase the property at 17th & Hamilton Streets and build a new facility to eliminate the concerns, obstacles, and limitaions the other facilities presented. On June 25, 1995, the new Bachman, Kulik & Reinsmith Funeral Home was open to the public.